Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

On Friday Princess Buttercup started to feel a lot better and I was hoping that the flu had passed everyone else by and vacated the premises. But alas, Hulk started chucking Friday - after a full dinner mind you - and then I started feeling sick to my stomach late that night. It was a pretty long night! On Saturday Hulk took it like a man and handled the whole situation like a pro.
He curled up on the cool dinning room floor in the corner and slept for half the day. Poor guy! But what could I do? I had turned from Farmer Bob's hotty babe to a Zombie queen over night. I put on my comfy clown pants (not because they make me look like a clown but because they are hideous and they make me laugh), a loose shirt, pulled my hair back in a pony, and I lived that way for two days. I really don't excitedly anticipate this event reoccurring!

All the yucky kept us from being able to go to church (SAD! I always look forward to that.) but didn't stop our Easter celebrations. At least those that were able to participate. Farmer Bob and the kids were still able to decorate eggs and I have to tell you, you can color brown eggs. I will give you one tip though, don't rub them in any way until you let them set over night, the color will rub right off.

Pretty eggs!!! Good job kiddos.

The kids had a great time, as usual (you'd think that it would become mundane even though it is only once a year), gathering up the eggs. (Nice outfit sis!!!)

What a cutie Princess Buttercup is! She banked on eggs too, by the way! She is an awesome finder.

Dash is double timing it! He looks WAY better with his hair cut!

Since I was sick we decided to throw everything into a communal basket and let them all look for it together. I was all for throwing the junk on the kitchen table and telling the kids that the Easter Bunny was in a hurry. I have become alarmingly bahumbugish about holidays. Farmer Bob saved the day though and took care of all the details. I can always count on him!

Most important of all though, is that I still managed to get that Mani and Pedi that I wanted. Ahhh! That feels nice!

3 comments:

  1. oooh - where do you get your mani/pedis? i wanna get a pedi. my mom recently went to the vo-ed and had the students there do hers. It's much less expensive that way. Hope you feel better soon so we can replan our girls' night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like easter was great, despite the calamities. Nice Mani/Pedi. Having a litle jealousy over that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the days you used to do MY nails. Oh I miss you.
    Sorry that Easter wasn't all it should've been. Glad that you're up and about again!!!
    And I just love looking at pictures of your family (even you in your clown pants) - I think you should send that picture into Vogue. Tres chic!!!

    ReplyDelete