Tuesday, March 31, 2009

crazy, crazy, crazy!

It finally happened! I have a phone!! Well, it's not here yet, but it is ordered and will be here soon!!! This was the biggest pain I have had since giving birth. At first I wanted a Blackberry. We were going to go with Verizon and the store informed us that they require that you keep a constant Internet stream to a Blackberry. $30 a month. Whatever!!! So then we went to AT&T. They would sell me the Blackberry but they wanted $180 for it. Lets say it again, WHATEVER!!! So then we went back to Verizon (which had the Pink Blackberry by the way, the one that I desperately wanted) and had to choose different phones. We both chose the LG Voyager but then Farmer Bob found out that he could get a 15% discount through AT&T for his employment and he is very Verizon bias. Please, no questions. So we went back to AT&T and Farmer Bob couldn't pick a phone. I was going to get the Red Blackberry and then I found the LG Incite that had Windows 6.1 included with it, a 3.0 mp camera and video, could do all my datebook work and reminders, and a ton more. More than even the Blackberry does unless you want the Bold, but that was $200 or some such nonsense. So we went to Wirefly because AT&T wanted a ridiculous amount, like $400 for the Incite. But guess what? YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE INTERNET!!! I got so pissed I was ready to just get on the computer, close my eyes, click on something, and that is what I would buy. After I calmed down some I had decided to just get the Internet because I really wanted that phone. Then, of coarse, Farmer Bob brought me back to earth and I decided that IF I was a high-powered Corporate Mogul, THEN I would let myself get that glorious phone. SO, I chose this:


The LG Vu. It has a 2.0 mp camera, I can't do the datebook things that I wanted or the windows 6 creations, but I can do music and games. It does have other feature that I wanted I'm sure, I'm just feeling very sour about it right now. I like to get what I want, the brat that I am, but I'm sure I'll get over it soon. Most of all though, I'M SO THANKFUL THAT I ALMOST HAVE A PHONE! Then I will be able to call people. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

On another note, Mar. 21. Not just "Your Royal Highness'" birthday but someone else's also. Farmer Bob and I were going to go to the temple that day. We have not been able to go since November and I was praying that Heavenly Father wouldn't let anything happen that would keep us from it. i am soooo disapointed. Farmer Bob went out to feed the animals that morning while I got the kids and myself ready to go. He called into the house and said everyone should get out there quick. We all hurried and found a big mess.


Farmer Bob just missed the birth by minutes. She had delivered the calf but not the placenta yet. We were all crowded around the stall door and I was holding Princess Buttercup up so she could see in. When Jenny May turned her hind end toward the door and then started to deliver all of the left overs, Dash and Butterfly Personified got very disgusted looks on their faces but didn't say a word. Princess Buttercup, on the other hand, pointed and said, "Mommy, (and then a little louder) Mommy, (and then really loud) MOMMY! That's agusting! I don't like that!" Very funny!


Jenny May was a very good Mommy though. She cleaned him all up and got him going. He looks like a little baby deer with no spots. He is so adorable (boo! hoo!) I am so sad.


Farmer Bob took votes on their family blog and everyone that voted said that they liked Chuck R. Oast. Farmer Bob on the other hand calls him Sir Loin. I, the Milk Maid Supreme, call him Little Mister. What a 4H beauty he would make, no?

So now that Little Mister is here and Jenny May is ready to be milked twice a day, AND it is still cold outside here, I put on my long sleeved shirt, sweater, 2 sweat shirts, sweat pants, long socks, big girl cover all pants, and mucking boots. Now I'm ready to milk. At first we had to have one of our friends come and help us milk her. Needless to say she didn't like her teets pulled. On Monday night it was just Farmer Bob and I. That was an adventure. She was trying to smash Farmer Bob into the wall, throw him over her head, kick him, ram him, take out his tenders, and generally rub some pain on. Farmer Bob, undamaged in any way (what a man!), had to shove her head into the ground and sit on it. He ended up having to do that twice before we were done an hour and a half later. Fortunately she didn't give us many problems after that. Now she just stands there looking pretty while we get the job done. Crazy, crazy, crazy! What a life.
I have spent enough time today being lazy. Now I have to do something physically productive. Yuck. Hulk is about to go down for a nap, one of those little mercies I have in my day, so I might get some things done. Laundry is pileing up again. Maybe today I can get it washed, folded, AND put away. That would be the day's miracle.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love the picture of you milking Jenny Mae. And for all those layers you're wearing, you're looking pretty good, I think! I remember calving season on the farm - always an adventure. When Mr. Fantastic saw his first calf being pulled he turned to me and said, "That's gross." Yes, yes it is.
    How easy it will be now to talk to your kids about the miracle of life.
    and congrats on your new phone (brat), I can't wait until you call! Wish you got Verizon, though, then it would be cheaper (i.e. FREE!) to talk.
    And Sir Loin is beautiful (by far my favorite name of the 3). I'm happy to share the day with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calf does look like a deer! I never knew that..

    I like your phone too! Now I want it :(
    A lot of people have the same one I do.
    Ha its verizon your favorite ;D

    ReplyDelete