Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gratitude in Abundance - part I

In two months I now have an hour to devote myself to writing. And since my children (when they are grown up of coarse) are the sole target for this blog - to get to know their mother on a more personal level - and it is their welfare that has kept me from blogging, then I don't think there will be many complaints about the ginormous laps in time since my last blog. I have been so overwhelmed by the enormity of tasks that have come my way in the past weeks that I find myself run down. Not unhappy by any means, but just run down. I had to step back and take stock of all the things that I like, love, desire, respect, and have great gratitude for. Here are just a few things:
A handful of fresh, plump, sun warmed raspberries.
Soft, fluffy, baby chics that grow up. I know that they look adorable - and they are for sure - but they also are lazy, dirty, and oh! so! stinky! I kid you not, these precious little Easter symbols reek beyond compare and I am sooo happy that they turn into this:
graceful beauties that bring all of us very much joy. They are very fun to watch.
This one is my favorite. Isn't she just gorgeous?!?! If you look close you will see the feathers on her feet. They run all the way down the outside edge of her leg to the end of her claws. I love the feathers that are on her neck. The two-tone give you the effect of dozens of little diamonds, like a shimmering necklace.
I am also very thankful for the two bottom shelves in my freezer because they hold all of my frozen chickens that said sianarah- or however you spell that - last June. Yummy!
And these long feathered roosters that will very soon join the ranks in the freezer. Adios boys! You've been great!
Fresh, home grown milk.
My old porcelain bus.
My new porcelain bus - notice: NO MORE CARPET ON THE FLOOR! OH, HAPPY DAY!!!!
The fact that I used to fit into these pants - not while I was pregnant - but no more! I took this picture out of frustration. Even though I have lost 70 pounds (we'll not talk about the 10 I gained back eating summer-on-the-go-fodder) I was very disappointed at the rate at which I was loosing. So I documented my progress for future reference. And even though I have this third boob that rears its ugly head when I sit down, protruding out over my belt line - I call her Large Marge :) - and I have enough junk in my trunk to rival a camels humps, I feel that I have still made much improvement. Will there be saggy skin 40 pounds from now? Very possible. Will I get it professionally removed? Not likely! I have this VERY strong aversion to ALL things that poke, slice, or pinch. Including - but not limited to - children, lobsters, needles, scalpels, doctors, nurses, surgeons, any form of bee, and cheese cutters.
Domestic felicity!
Being able to go more and more days between having to wear my glasses. I didn't think that my right eye would ever go back to normal after I went blind, but I keep seeing improvements. I shouldn't drive without my glasses but I passed the vision test for my driver's licence WITHOUT my glasses. Hurray!
Harvest helpers. I couldn't do it without `em.
Sweet, sweet, canned goods. Yep! I did that :)!!! Aren't they soooo pretty?!?
A phone that finally works!
My wonderful, happy, smart, sweet, loving, funny, kiddos!
My man. Yes, I do mean it.
Fresh done toes!!!
The list could go on and on but since my hour is comming up and I HAVE to go make dinner now - I've put it off for far too long - this list will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment