Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Old things revisited - part II

Here is part II of past events. This summer we were able to go to Indiana and visit my brother's family. We haven't seen these guys since Dash was little. A long time ago. We were only able to go for a short time so we packed in a lot of stuff.
The first day we hung out at the house and recovered from our long drive to get there. We did get an hour or so at the park though. Dash is becoming quite the dare devil. He used to be scared of everything, so sliding down the pole is big for him.
Princess Buttercup has always been a dare devil and being outside it one of her most favorite things. There she is in her pretty, prestine, white dress, rolling around in the dirt. SUPER!
And of coarse Butterfly Personified is with her special pal, Hulk, doing whatever Hulk wants to do. She just loves that little guy.
The next day we were there we went to Michigan City Beach at Lake Michigan. The kids had so much fun, and yes, I braved the sand that I so dearly HATE, and sat on the beach for almost four hours. In a swim suit too!!! I always have inner turmoil about that one. Do I put the swim suit on and be comfortable myself but at the risk of horrifying all onlookers, sending them screaming in terror OR do I leave my clothes on and let everyone remain in ignorant bliss? Hmmm....
This was a fun little scene of Princess Buttercup. I was so happy I got it. She had no idea. She was just excitedly playing and splashing.




Butterfly Personified and Dash had a blast with these boogie boards. They did a pretty good job but I'm glad their in swim lessons for the winter. Next summer I'll feel a little better about things.

I forgot any sand or water toys so poor Hulk was stuck with a cardboard fruit snack box. Did he care? Not a chance. He played for over an hour next to me in his little swim diaper filling that box, his shoes, my shoes, and anything else he got a hold of with sand.
The last day we were there we went to a water park. The kids had a blast of coarse but for some reason Hulk decided that he didn't like it. Don't ask me why but he was just starting to enjoy himself after we'd been there for more than three hours and it was almost time to go. Boy did he scream!
Ahhh, good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment