Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Something else I was supposed to do ;o

I just have to say again that I hate downloading videos. For some reason the video of Dash and Princess Buttercup didn't work the first time, so I did it again. When I went back to check it, the first one worked! GRRRR. I'll just say it one more time and then I'll be done. I HATE VIDEO CLIPS! But then you can't really blame the clip. It IS an inanimate object and therefore, the problem lies with the downloadER. Yeah, me and technology, not such pals.

Now, to the true point of this post - written so soon after the first two of this day, many of Farmer Bob's family wanted to see pics of the progress that he is making on our house. The poor man has done this mostly on his own. Besides my irrational, but crippling, fear of heights I have been having problems with my back in between my shoulder blade and spine. It finally got bad enough that I went to see a chiropractor. When the x-rays came back they showed that my entire spine is all jacked up. So I have been getting adjustments twice a week for a little more than two months now with strict orders not to lift anything heavier than my purse! He even told me that my coat was almost too heavy and that I might want to consider getting a different one! Whatevah smart guy! I love my coat! AND when you have a two year old, how can you NOT lift him? So I have been doing my best, and so has Farmer Bob. I must say he does do fantastic work. Everything is done on the outside of the house now - new roof, new windows, a new chimney (made from old brick, awesome!), and new siding - except under the front porch and the gutters. Those pics will follow. He is working on the front porch as fast as he can. We would both like him to come out of the cold now :).
I present his fabulous work. Isn't it pretty!?!?!?!?
No, no, I know this little guy isn't very pretty. Farmer Bob found him nestled UNDER the old siding. Chillin` out. Yeah know? It's the perfect home for a bat. He was about the size of a flatish baseball.
Yuck! if you ask me!
NOW here's my surprised girl (you see it? Two eyes and a big mouth? Always happy to see me?). Isn't she pretty!?! This, obviously, is the front of the house.
The side - if you were wanting the grand tour.
The sun room.
The back of the house. Check out that chimney!
The other side - cuz there has to be at least two, right?
And last, but not least, the front again.

Here is a pic of the awesome stairs he poured for the back. We used to have really small ones that formed an ice skating rink in the winter. These are MUCH better! I like em a lot, a lot!

Well there you go, I will try to keep everyone updated. Love all!

2 comments:

  1. It's about freaking time!!! I've been waiting for SO LONG for pictures of your house. (And yes, she IS smiling at you!)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the house looks great...and i can't believe how big the kiddos are!! you for sure have a few mini mes! :)

    ReplyDelete